First, thanks to Del for this lovely award:
It translates the "Friendship Around the World Award". Although the blogosphere is teaming with bloggers (technoratti says it's tracking over 100 million), it's very easy to never actually connect with people. So I'm very happy to pass on this award to eight people I like a lot (who will each do the same) . Lots of hugs to you:
Thanks Geoffery for these other two awards. The interaction has been wonderful. I was recently reminded of the rest of that Jamaican parting phrase;
and [may] good duppy
walk wid you.
When I heard my colleague say it, I thought I must let you know, all this while I've been invoking good spirits! Scared?
But this is an award ceremony, let's get on with the show.
originated here and the term Arte Y Pico according to the originator of the award "translates into a wonderful phrase in Mexico, “lo maximo.” .... will never find its counterpart in English, but if it HAD to, it would be something like, Wow. The Best Art. Over the top."
Here are the rules:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
And the Arte Y Pico award goes to:
1. Dorothy, who has the blog that I would want to do about my family and about Jamaica if only I knew how, I might do it yet, now that she's showing me! A Fantastic treasure.
2. Stephen, who offers a an interesting mix of history, literature, photography, and personal.
4. Louise, who writes about Carmine, a village in Italy, about motherhood, books and life. Her style of writing is quite refreshing.
5. Rethabile, who writes about his native Lesotho, its language and culture. Rethabile's comments on various blogs are usually inspiring, insightful and enriching.
And now the Brillante Weblog Premio 2008 Award goes to:
2. Megna, a thirteen year old in India who has no business to be as mature as she is
3. Deloris, a sagacious retiree who now has time to make soap at home, garden and blog. Be sure to read her "Say Bye-bye Now" post.
4. Fly Girl, whose travel blog throbs with life
5. Stunner, a foundation Jamaican blogger whose blog I used to read long before I started blogging.
Again, please pass on this award to five other deserving bloggers.
Walk good all a oonu.